Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Compliance Advisor Senior - AML for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Senior Compliance Advisor is a position within the Enterprise AML Financial Investigative Unit (FIU) which supports the priorities established by the Enterprise AML Officer and the Head of FIU. The Senior Compliance Advisor position will report to the Executive Director Enterprise AML FIU Operations, and will work under the daily direction of a Director of Compliance to conduct Quality Control and Quality Assurance for the FIU.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Enterprise AML leadership team, AML Compliance colleagues and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) (e.g., data and analytics, investigations, detection, regulatory reporting, compliance testing, business advisors), as well as functional colleagues in other areas of financial crimes (e.g., Fraud Investigations, Special Investigation Unit, Corporate Security Investigations). USAA is looking for a Senior Compliance Advisor to be part of a dynamic AML compliance environment committed to contributing to an Enterprise-wide AML program through collaboration and team partnerships.
Guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects. Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments. Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Utilizes strong leadership and collaboration skills interacting with project teams, regulatory agencies, and team members.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with appropriate Compliance staff.
Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years AML/Compliance work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2+ years of AML operations experience
- CAMS, CFE, and/or other financial crimes designations
- Prior experience providing feedback and coaching
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: compliance, compliance office, corporate, counsel, court, lawyer, legal, legal affairs, legal department, llp