Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Engineering Manager for our Phoenix, AZ facility. This job posting is for multiple, current/future opportunities. Engineering Manager manages one or more analytical, business or technical support activities. Authorizes and influences the development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal business performance. Provides and is accountable for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, or technical support initiatives. Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan development to execute initiatives. Advises senior management and provides high level consulting. This position is typically responsible for managing a team of employees engaged in one functional activity.Job RequirementsABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U. S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: We re Hiring PhoenixPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance management and pay management. Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities. Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives. Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day to Day): Accountable for the day to day operation of technical domain. Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as appropriate. Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains. Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles. Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit, consistent with the organization s mission, strategy and direction. Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and forecast unit level expenses which may include department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages relationships with customer and supporting teams during execution of unit responsibilities. Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers through all communication channels. Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
- VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain objectives. May be responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a business, analytical or technology support function.
- 3 or more years as a team lead or manager in a relevant business function or technology environment.
- Experience with an industry Agile Framework (like SAFe or Lean) as a Product Manager or Release Train Engineer.
- 4+ years of Financial Services experience.
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team of software engineers
USAA's most valuable resource is our 33,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning, continuing education, and parental leave. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available
for this position.