Junior High Social Studies/History Teacher -North Valley- 2019-2020 School Year
Legacy Traditional Schools
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
2617 S Desert Homestead Rd
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
General Position Information
Position Title: Junior High Social Studies Teacher
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Position is responsible for providing direct instruction using a Back-to-Basics curriculum related to social studies and United States history.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
* Teaches social studies and United States history. * Serve as the National Geographic Bee Coordinator. * Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student. * Provides a safe structured environment, focusing on Patriotism and Character Building, using a Positive Discipline Program. * Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports. * Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the school curriculum. * Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems. * Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities. * Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines. * Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program. * Participates in curriculum development programs as required. * Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
* Positively interact with all students. * Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning. * Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements. * Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum. * Ability to identify individual student needs. * Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents. * Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff. * Ability to maintain a professional appearance. * Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
* Bachelor's degree in Education * Arizona Employees: * Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card * Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
* Nevada Employees: * NV Fingerprint Background Check * NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
* Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education * The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check. * Must possess strong communication and organizational skills. * Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. * Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required. * Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
We are also hiring the following positions for the 2019-2020 School Year:
1-3rd Grade Teachers
4th Grade Teachers
5th Grade Teachers
6th Grade Teachers
Junior High Teachers:
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers
See another position that interests you? Apply today
Associated topics: early education, education, gs 1701, gs 1702, instructor, lecturer, paraeducator, special education, substitute teacher, teach
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.