General Position Information
Position Title: Junior High Social Studies Teacher
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Position is responsible for providing direct instruction using a Back-to-Basics curriculum related to social studies and United States history.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
* Teaches social studies and United States history.
* Serve as the National Geographic Bee Coordinator.
* Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
* Provides a safe structured environment, focusing on Patriotism and Character Building, using a Positive Discipline Program.
* Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
* Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the school curriculum.
* Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
* Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities.
* Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with guidelines.
* Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program.
* Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
* Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
* Positively interact with all students.
* Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
* Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and school & state requirements.
* Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices that effectively teaches the curriculum.
* Ability to identify individual student needs.
* Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
* Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
* Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
* Bachelor's degree in Education
* Arizona Employees:
* Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
* Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
* Nevada Employees:
* NV Fingerprint Background Check
* NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
* Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA requirements and Department of Education
* The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
* Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
* Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
* Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
We are also hiring the following positions for the 2019-2020 School Year:
1-3rd Grade Teachers
4th Grade Teachers
5th Grade Teachers
6th Grade Teachers
Junior High Teachers:
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers
See another position that interests you? Apply today
Associated topics: education, gs 1701, lecturer, paraeducator, professor, special education, teach, teacher, trainer, tutor