Generalist opening in Glendale, Arizona.
Diagnostic Imaging Technician job in Glendale, Arizona.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Monday-Friday day schedule
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Diagnostic Imaging Technician Job Overview:
- Correlate the patient's clinical history with the requested examination to be performed and obtain the results from previous pertinent diagnostic tests.
- Consult with staff physicians from a variety of specialties such as obstetrics, gynecology, cardiology and surgery regarding the patient's pertinent past medical history, preliminary diagnosis, and condition so it correlates with the examination.
- Recognize normal anatomic variants. Also, recognize anatomic changes created by medical and surgical procedures.
- Document arrival, departure, and completed tests as required by MTF policy.
- Send appropriate image series to the radiologist for reading according to MTF protocol.
- Perform system warm ups, calibrations and quality control tasks according to manufacturer and MTF policy.
- Recognize artifacts and equipment errors and notify designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Explain process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position for examination.
- Assist in the compiling and archiving of records for procedures performed
- Observe and report to the radiologist any symptoms which have direct bearing on the patient's condition as a result of adverse reaction to contrast media and inform the radiologist of any condition requiring his/her attention.
- Recognize the need for and initiate emergency measures for critical situations such as respiratory or cardiac arrest.
- Identify abnormalities during testing and determine need for additional scans of affected area.
- Perform a full range of diagnostic imaging examinations.
Diagnostic Imaging Technician Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Graduate from an academic program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- One year of experience
- Computer competency (computer operations, Microsoft applications, et al)
Position contingent on contract award with a Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Associated topics: ascp, medical, mlt, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician, technician ii, technologist, testing, toxicology