This position supports all functions of CFB Warehousing to include performing daily warehousing tasks: inventory control, leading volunteers, overseeing and completing receiving tasks, put-aways, order picking, truck loading, replenishment of product, and processing warehousing materials. This lead position oversees the daily task completion and operation of two First Shift Warehouse Assistants. First Shift Warehouse concentrates on outbound loading, inbound receiving, put-aways, replenishment, and order pulling tasks as needed.
Shared Collective Responsibilities
* Create a safe space to allow and invite truth telling to occur. * Act with honesty, trust and transparency and deliver on my commitments. * Be present for the people who work in front of me today. * Consistently seek to do better and offer my best self. * Practice empathy and understanding with all people. * Learn from failure, mine and other.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive, create, and oversee completion of evening tasks lists in collaboration with the Warehouse and Receiving Supervisor. * Provide daily oversight of the two second shift warehouse assistants. * Be the safety and security contact and representative for second shift; must know and enforce health, safety, and security standards. * Be an active member of the Safety Committee and the Inventory Process Group.
* Perform daily pre-shift inspection warehouse, equipment, and pest control and maintain cleanliness of warehouse equipment. * Operate and oversee operation of equipment and performance of warehouse tasks in compliance with CFB and OSHA safety standards * Pull and stage orders for internal departmental use, pickups, and deliveries. * Assist in and oversee stocking, staging, processing, receiving, and distributing food. Load and unload trucks as needed * Tag and store product according to CFB practices. * Process inventory transactions in real time as much as possible ensuring constant accuracy. * Conduct cycle counts and monthly warehouse inventory in accordance with CFB guidelines. * Perform assigned tasks making sure product is distributed based on FEFO and FIFO to ensure maximum distribution at maximum product quality. * Ensure compliance with and monitor all aspects of food safety including proper handling, sanitation, and documentation as outlined in CFB Food Safety Written Programs. * Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in compliance with all health codes and CFB standards applicable to food acquisition, storage and distribution. * Maintain pallets and supplies in specified condition and specified areas. * Recycle cardboard, plastic, wood, shrink wrap and paper per CFB standards. * Work as a team member with all CFB staff and departments. * Identify and report any safety risk or safety incidents to your supervisor. * Cross-train in all Warehouse Ops areas in order to provide back up for absences and support based on work volume in each area. * Train and lead small numbers and groups of volunteers, assign duties and oversee processes while facilitating a fun and engaging team work experience. * Communicate with Volunteer Services Manager to secure volunteers as needed. * Responsible for accessing, understanding and following documented procedures in the Food Safety Written Programs shared file to include: (1) Management Responsibility, (2) Training and education, (3) Self Inspection, (4) Written Procedure Audit Program, (5) Client Complaint Program, (6) Chemical Control, (7) Allergen Control Program, (8) Glass and Brittle Plastics Program, (9) Cleaning Program, (10) Preventing maintenance Program, (12) Regulatory Affairs and Inspection, (13) Food Defense Program, (14) Traceability Program, (15) Recall Withdrawal Program, (16) Nonconforming Product Program, (17) HACCP program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* High School Diploma or equivalent. * Possess or Ability to complete ServSafe Certificate within 90 days * Self-starter and team player with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and effectively supervise volunteers. * Excellent communication skills both verbally and written. * Possess a high level of interpersonal skills to interact professionally with the public and work effectively with others. * Experience in organizational and inventory controls and procedures. * Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite and Internet based communications. * Experience in general warehouse duties including operation of warehouse equipment, forklift and electric pallet jack. * Ability to repeatedly lift and move up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and tolerate extreme temperatures. * Ability to work around rescued food products * A good sense of humor. * Understanding and empathy for the needs of the economically and educationally disadvantaged. * For insurance purposes, must be at least 21 years of age; possess a current and valid Arizona Driver License and a safe driving record.
* Subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. * Subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause shouting in order to be heard above ambient noise level. * Subject to vibration. Exposure to oscillating movements. * Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and moving vehicles.
CFBSA is committed to providing employees with an environment in which the Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, and Social Justice are supported and encouraged.
CFBSA works diligently to maintain a culture of fairness, responsibility, trustworthiness and teamwork to advance our mission: We change lives in the communities we serve by feeding the hungry today and building a healthy, hunger-free tomorrow.
The Community Food Bank is a drug and tobacco free work environment